Painted Sky

I took this photo while on a road trip. My family stopped at a gas station when I saw the sky and pulled out my camera. The sky in this photo looks more like a painting than a photo.


Painted Sky by Bhargavi Gulia


Composition:
The main composition to follow is the lighting, which would be set by the exposure and aperture. Change this according to the environment and the mood of your photo. Also, make sure anything that may be an obstacle is either completely cut out, or included by at least 60-70%. By this, I mean show at least 60-70% of the object posing as an obstacle. In this photo, that would be the tree. Instead of only showing the top or the entire tree, I showed about 70% of it. I don't know if there is a rule like this, but I do use this often as it makes the photo more appealing to view.

Comments