Fallen Leaves

This photo was taken during Fall of 2020. Like every image, this too has a story. So one day, I go outside and I noticed that my front yard was covered in leaves. The night before, there were heavy winds, so I was getting ready to rake the leaves. As I was about to grab the rake, I saw the rocks in front of my house also dazzled with leaves. I quickly grabbed my phone and started taking photos. I tried different angles and perspectives, and finally landed on the perfect one.

Fallen Leaves by Bhargavi Gulia

Composition:
By a first glance at the photo, the viewer feels warmth. The tone of the photo is right in between dark and light, creating contrast. There is light at the tips of the rocks and further up the photo. But as you get closer to the camera, the rocks get slightly darker, but not dark enough so it's still light. Another key component of this photograph is the angle with which it directs the viewer to see. The rocks, as well as most of the leaves, close to the camera are directing the eye to the left. Then, as you get to the middle, the rocks start leading the eye to the right. And finally, as you go to the top of the photo, the rocks start their way back to the left, creating a trail.

Comments